Shadow box cards are so much fun to look at and much easier than it seems! I used the Whale of a Time suite for this card and I have another sample below with the Forever Fern and Birds & Branches stamp sets. Be sure to scroll all the way through the post to see all of the samples. I love how you peer in through the window when you open the card. There is so much depth! So, on y go! Let's get stamping.
Whisper White cut with the Stitched Shapes Dies
Additional images cut from the Whale of a Time DSP.
1. Score your pieces of Pool Party cardstock. The 5 1/2" x 8" piece is your card base. Unlike regular card bases, the sides of this one are not the same size. The smaller half is the back and the larger is your card front.
2. Put Tear & Tape or another strong adhesive along the outer two 1/2" sections of the other piece of Pool Party Cardstock.
3. Take one piece of 3 1/2" x 5 1/4" Whale of a Time DSP and cut a circle out of it using the largest circle from the Layering Circles dies. Adhere this piece to the center of your piece of 5 1/2" x 5 1/4" Pool Party cardstock.
4. Using the next smaller-sized circle, cut a hole in the Pool Party cardstock in the center of the hole that you already cut from the DSP.
5. Lay your card base out flat with the smaller side to your right. Lay the 5 1/2" x 5 1/4" piece of Pool Party cardstock in front of you so that one 1/2 strip is on the left and the other two are on the right. Fold the two right sections under. To adhere this to your card base, line up the left side with the fold and glue down the right side with the two right flaps folded under. (I highly recommend watching the video for this!)
6. Open up your card all the way and adhere the other piece of 3 1/2" x 5 1/4" DSP to your card back. Part of it will cover the edge that you just glued down.
7. To adhere the other side of your card, fold it over again so that the left side lines up just inside the fold of your card base. Remove the backing to the Tear & Tape and close your card. When you open it again, you should have a shadow box.
8. Decorate as shown using fussy cut pieces from the Whale of a Time DSP.